Thursday, October 23, 2008

Did I Mention that Christmas is Coming????




Here's the latest! A Fair Isle Christmas stocking that my most beginner students, with direction, are able to manage. I am proud of them since they are "getting" the 2 styles of knitting using a color in each hand. Before you write in and tell me there are many more than 2 styles of knitting, don't bother. I know that! In fact, I've been teaching "Portuguese" knitting. And I've reviewed a book that talks about "Andean" knitting which is pretty much the same as the Portuguese style.






Ahem.






Most of us are pickers or throwers and here in Nevada, that's what we do.






The stocking was born from the need to develop a Fair Isle instruction class, and since it was close to Christmas-time (2002) this is what I came up with. I can't thank my students enough for their input on this pattern, and fellow Chameleo Jeanne gets the prize for her input. Watch for tips offered on our website, http://www.2askewdesigns.com/ for explanations to the tricky stuff on this and all of our patterns. I look forward to establishing an FAQ section. Oy. We are such newbies, still.






It's fall here in the Great Basin and I've got some lovely pictures taken this month. First of all, 10/10 and it's snowing. I mean SNOWING! Poor hummers at the feeder, but it warmed up, they seem to have had their fill, and as of today, I haven't seen them for at least a week. Unlike some of us (me included), they can take a hint and be gone.






Taos Wool Fest - what a fun time and our patterns were a smash! I did my damage and bought some lovely camelid fibers - mind you - I've been on a "fiber diet" for some time now. But as you know, when you're on a diet, you're allowed to cheat a little while away from home and that's just what I did. =0) As soon as I can upload some photos, you will see them here. If my DH were to say, "Let's move to Taos", I'd say, "Race you to the car!"



As always, Happy Knitting from your Chameleon buddies -



Allie

No comments: